Saturday 24 September 2011

Three Facets of New Unity - session 3:Justice

The discussion forum on the New Unity website has a piece on this by me. This amazing church has now started getting involved with the issues arising from the recent London riots and I am finding a great thrill in belonging to such a caring and dynamic community with a real passion for change.

Until I joined the Unitarians I had given up hope of ever finding a spiritual community that would satisfy my yearning to be a part of a movement that could really make a difference and inspire me to further action. Church in the past hugely disappointed me - not enough community action for me, too much dwelling on sin and salvation and all that rot. I wanted to feel that Jesus was in the room with us, and I never did - until I joined a 'church' that never mentions him and yet buzzes with the sort of radical and energetic passion that he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment